Text Messaging Clarification
The AFA MEC has received some questions about the new Text Messaging memo that management sent to Flight Attendants. We recently asked for clarification on when and how the text messaging would utilized. We confirmed the following:
- Text messaging would NOT be used for Crew Scheduling issues such as Junior Manning, CS Notifications, schedule changes, etc.
- Text messaging will NOT be used to inform a Flight Attendant of a Section 3 Investigatory meeting.
- Management might use texts for friendly reminders (Did you complete your LMS?)
- Text messages will not be official notice. They will be viewed as an informal means of communication, however, please be professional with your texts to anyone within Endeavor Air.
- Should you type something and auto correct makes a mistake, it will be viewed in the context of the overall communication and the Flight Attendant will be given the benefit of the doubt.
- Should you text outside of regular business hours, you may not receive a response until your manager is back in the office.