Your Endeavor AFA MEC is seeking two Flight Attendants who are interested in serving as members of the Negotiations Committee for our upcoming Section 6 negotiations. This committee is made up of two Flight Attendants, the MEC President assisted by the AFA Staff Negotiator and/or AFA Staff Attorney. This committee will meet with management regularly for the purpose of Section 6 negotiations.
If you think you are interested ask yourself:
- Am I a member in good standing?
- Am I familiar with Union policy and am I up to date on industry developments?
- Am I a good at focusing on the big picture and still paying attention to details?
- Am I an active listener?
- Do my peers see me as someone who can maintain confidences?
- Do I understand the challenges and concerns of all my peers?
- Do I have a good communication style?
If you answered yes to these questions and you are interested in serving on the Negotiations Committee, please submit your letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure you include your Name, Base, Employee Number, Phone number as part of your letter of interest.
As a member of the committee, you will be required to attend negotiations training with our International Staff. This training will be likely to occur the last part of October or early November. The committee will also meet in order to create a survey of important items to be sent to the Endeavor Air Flight Attendants as preparation for negotiations.
The deadline for applying is October 1, 2017 at 1200CST. The MEC may also conduct phone interviews to complete the process.
Thank you for your interest.