New MEC Committee Chairs
The AFA MEC met on November 30th and on December 5th to select MEC Committee Chairs for the next term running from January 1, 2017 – December 31, 2019. The following Flight Attendants were selected to be MEC Chairs of their Respective Committees. Their base is in parentheses.
- Air Safety, Health and Security (ASHS) – Ayse May (JFK)
- Reserve – Lauren Perry (MSP)
- Government Affairs – Paula Jacobson (JFK)
- Health & Benefits – Tanya Frank (DTW)
- Scheduling – Jean Machak (DTW)
- Hotel – Janet Sheets (DTW)
- Education & Training – Flora Mainor (JFK)
- Grievance – Oscar Ochomogo (DTW)
- Uniform and Cabin Standards – Tanya Clarke (JFK)
- Communications – Thomas Burton (MSP)
- Membership – Ed Brylowski (DTW)
- Jumpseat – Alex Parr (DTW)
We would like to thank all the Flight Attendants that put forward their names for consideration of the position. We encourage all Flight Attendants to get involved with a committee on the local level.
We would like to thank the incoming chairs and those chairs that have volunteered in the past. We appreciate your dedication to everyone. Due to the resignation of the ASHS and Scheduling Chairs, the incoming Chairs will begin immediately. Meeting minutes will be published soon.